Top Charts of 2018, Economic Policy Institute – Twelve charts that show how policy could reduce inequality—but instead is making it worse. December 20, 2018.
- The upward march of inequality is firmly reestablishing itself
- Depending on the state, the average top 1-percenter makes between 12.7 and 44.4 times more each year than the average bottom 99-percenter
- The Fed can look to the late 1990s for guidance on how to raise wages
- Attacks on unions have hurt their ability to hold inequality in check
- An attack on public-sector unions is an attack on women, teachers, and African Americans